Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Holiday day 3: Te Kuiti

Now Te Kuiti wouldn't be on most people's holiday itineraries, despite it being just down the road from Waitomo's famous glowworm caves. It's also just down the road from my parents' farm and home to a really nice salon that cuts my hair for a ridiculously cheap price. This time I got a full head of blonde highlights and cut my hair into a bob for $105. It's been 11.5 months since I shaved my hair off so it was in such need of a mop chop. 

The sheep shearing statue

local marae

old spinning wheel in the historic house/museum

historic house

sheep themed store names a la 'Bulls'

the Colin Meads outdoor  rugby gallery
maori carving

Afterwards I took in some of the town's sights and then shouted mum out to Boscos for coffee and cake. I quite gutted that I'll miss the "Running of the Sheep" by a day! That would be something to see. 


I also harvested some chillies from mum's garden. Just a couple more than the measly two I got off my plant!


No comments:

Post a Comment